Go Green Steps: Sustainable Business Practices in India
Green businesses adopt principles, policies and practices that improve the quality of life for their customers, employees, communities and the planet. They challenge themselves to integrate the objectives of social and economic justice, environmental sustainability, as well as community health and development, in all their activities, from production and supply chain management to relationships with employees and customer service. This article explained to different Indian companies how to follow the steps of going green for their sustainable business.
Introduction: Green as a Status Symbol
Sustainability defines how businesses can survive long-term. The three important markers of businesses are profitability, continuous growth, and survival in the long term. Survival depends on how a company is able to respond to the environmental impact, and take care of all stakeholders, employees, customers and the community and society in which it operates. Sustainable development in India includes a variety of development schemes in social, environmental (clean energy, clean water and sustainable agriculture) and human resources segments, having attracted the attention of both Central and State governments as well as public and private sectors.
As more and more internationally and nationally renowned brand companies go green, the idea of going green becomes all the more enticing. In fact, it becomes a status symbol for being an eco-friendly company. IT company Dell has launched a recycling program that allows customers to return hard-to-recycle electronics for free. The automaker Honda is now known as one of the greenest companies in the automotive industry by optimizing fuel efficiency, among other measures. Consumer goods giant Unilever has also made great strides in adopting sustainable packaging: in 2018, it started selling its PG Tips tea in fully biodegradable tea bags. Going green gives a business a place at the table of big business, in a sense, because only the most established businesses go green. Ultimately, the benefits of going green for a business, the benefits far outweigh any negatives. The time and money it takes to establish new eco-friendly environmental protocols pay dividends over the years, not only in money but also in feeling that the company is respectful of the planet.
Green Practices Companies in India
- LG India has been a pioneer is making electronic gadgets that are eco-friendly. Recently, it has launched a LED E60 and E90 series monitor for the Indian market. Its USP is that it consumes 40% less energy than conventional LED monitors. Also, they hardly used halogen or mercury, trying to keep down the use of hazardous materials in their products.
- HCL is another brand that is trying to introduce eco- friendly products in the market and it has recently launched the HCL ME 40 notebooks. These notebooks do not use any polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material or other harmful chemicals and the Bureau of Energy Efficiency already given it a five star rating. HCL Technologies is considered as the icon of Indian Green Initiatives, thanks to the “go green” steps taken in solving the problem of toxics and e-waste in the electronics industry. HCL is committed to phasing out the hazardous vinyl plastic and Brominated Flame Retardants from its products. It has called for a Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) legislation in India, thereby bringing in an eco- friendly revolution in the IT segment.
- Haier: Eco branding is a part of Haier’s new green initiative and they have launched the Eco Life Series. They have semi automatic and automatic refrigerators and washing machines, split and window air conditioners and a lot more.
- Samsung India has always had a roaring range of LED TV screens and now they have come up with eco- friendly LED backlight. They use 40% less electricity have also no harmful chemicals like mercury and lead.
- 5. Tata Consultancy Services: TCS has a globally recognized Sustainability practice and has already topped the Newsweek’s top World’s Greenest Company title. It also has a global green score of 80.4% and this has mainly happened due their initiative of creating technology for agricultural and community benefits.
- Oil and Natural Gas Company: ONGC, India’s largest oil producer is all set to change the way with the invention of green crematoriums, that would serve as a perfect replacement for the funeral pyres that emit so much smoke and uses up excess oxygen. ONGC’s green projects India’s largest oil producer, ONGC, is all set to lead the list of top 10 green Indian companies with energy-efficient, green crematoriums that will soon replace the traditional wooden pyre across the country. ONGC’s Mokshada Green Cremation initiative will save 60 to 70% of wood and a fourth of the burning time per cremation.
- ITC has adopted a Low Carbon Growth Path and a Cleaner Environment Approach and has already introduced ozone treated elemental chlorine free bleaching technology that has improved the lives of millions worldwide. Adopting a Low Carbon Growth Path and a Cleaner Environment Approach ITC strengthened their commitment to green technologies by introducing ‘ozone-treated elemental chlorine free’ bleaching technology for the first time in India. The result is an entire new range of top green products and solutions: the environmentally friendly multi-purpose paper that is less polluting than its traditional counterpart.
- IndusInd Bank: One of the first bank in India to discourage the use of paper for the counterfoils in ATMs, and sending electronic messages, it has contributed a lot towards saving paper and reducing deforestation.
- Wipro: Wipro, has not only helped in the creation of technology that helps in saving energy and preventing wastes, but its corporate headquarters in Pune is the most eco-friendly building in this sector all over India.
- MRF Tyres: MRF has launched the ZSLK series and this is all about creating eco- friendly tubeless tyres made from unique silica based rubber and also offers extra fuel efficiency to those who drive their vehicles.
Businesses must take care of the communities in which they operate, addressing both social and environmental concerns. In the larger context, more and more awareness creation is needed. Sustainable development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ESSAY OVEN TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT